Are you considering porcelain slabs (AKA ultracompact, sintered stone, or mineral surfaces) for your home remodeling project but unsure which brand to choose? In this blog post, we’ll introduce you to some of the top porcelain slab brands on the market, including Neolith, Sapien Stone, and Florim, and highlight their unique features and applications.
Porcelain slabs are a versatile and durable material, perfect for a wide range of home applications. From kitchen and bathroom countertops to flooring, showers, and wall cladding, porcelain slabs offer a stylish and functional option that is easy to maintain.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the top porcelain slab brands:
- Neolith is a popular choice among designers and homeowners for its stunning designs and durability. The brand offers a range of finishes and colors, including natural stone looks, solid colors, and unique patterns. Neolith porcelain slabs are ideal for kitchen and bathroom countertops, flooring, and wall cladding both outdoor and indoor.
- Sapien Stone a higher-end porcelain slab brand that boasts a range of elegant and luxurious designs. Sapien Stone touts their scratch and stain resistance, making them a durable and low-maintenance choice for any home.
- Florim offers a range of porcelain slabs in a variety of finishes, colors, and sizes, making it easy to find the perfect match for your home. Their slabs are suitable for a variety of applications, including kitchen and bathroom countertops, flooring, showers, and wall cladding. Florim is a well-known name in Europe.
- Laminam is a high-quality porcelain slab brand that offers a range of elegant designs suitable for any home.
- Dekton is a popular brand by parent company Cosentino. Cosentino is well-known for its consistent quality Silestone quartz line. Dekton has been widely available in the South Sound for several years now, but many fabricators are still trying to get comfortable with the fabrication process for this material.
- MSI Stile porcelain slabs are a popular choice for their affordable pricing and durability. The brand offers a wide range of designs and colors, including marble looks, concrete looks, and solid colors. MSI Stile porcelain slabs also have an impressive water absorption rate, making them ideal for use in wet areas such as showers and pool decks. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly porcelain slab option without sacrificing quality, MSI Stile is worth considering.
Other issues to keep in mind are that porcelain is a more expensive product in-line with higher-end quartz or quartzite pricing. While porcelain has been popular in Europe for years now, it is still nascent in US markets, with footholds in California and Miami in particular due to it’s warmth, clean lines, and stain and water resistance. That being said, not every fabricator truly understands how to fabricate or install porcelain! Be sure your fabricator knows what they are talking about and can point to examples of prior work.
Porcelain slabs are a great choice for any home remodeling project, offering durability, low maintenance, and endless design options. The above-mentioned brands are just a few of the many high-quality options available on the market. When selecting your porcelain slab brand, be sure to consider your specific needs and preferences to find the perfect match for your home. Be sure to reach out to your South Sound experts at Tops Solid Surface when you are ready to scope out your bathroom, kitchen, fireplace, or outdoor area remodel. Come check out our porcelain countertop and shower displays today!